Thursday 11 July 2013

Science Facts Thursday: Why So Humerus?


Its Science facts Thursday ♥

The human ribcage.

 This week we are keeping the Anatomy theme going, with a look at our bones.
The adult human body is made up of approximately 206 bones! Wowzers, that's a fair few. We are born with near to 300, but as we grow up, some of our bones fuse together.
Here is a diagram to show where the main bones are located in your body.


Here is a look at the skeletal structure in a sloth, see how it differs to the human skeletal structure.


The bones in our body have 6 main functions:

The six main bone functions.
They sure work hard to keep us functioning, so make sure you look after your bones. Always wear padding when playing sports. I once attempted roller derby, and ended up with concussion, and that was with a helmet!
Eat a healthy balanced diet with plenty of calcium. Dark leafy greens, cheese and almonds are rich in calcium.
Why so humerus?

Enjoy this song by The Delta Rhythm Boys. Bones, Bones, bones. And don't forget to pop back next week for more science facts.


6 comments:

  1. When I learned that bones participate in the process of blood creation I was so admire, how could they? Great music :)
    Kisses
    Sofia G

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing isn't it! I never knew they did so much, they deserve a holiday!

      Delete
  2. I look forward to Science Facts Thursday :)

    Stephie's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome post! I love the art (that sloth skeleton is too much cute!) and science facts?! You are winning the amazing contest my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thankyou that's very sweet of you to say. I have some fun things planned for my companion Sloth :)

      Delete

Holey moley guacamoley..